3D tracking training please!

JCL_FilmsJCL_Films Website User Posts: 156
edited May 2012 in General
Okay, here is my problem. I really want to do 3D tracking in Hitfilm. I see that Blender can now do 3D tracking, but I have no clue on how to make it work. Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to do 3D tracking in Blender and then export into a format that Hitfilm can import? I will need to know soon so that I can participate in the super hero contest. Thanks! :)

Comments

• SketchWorkSketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    I use blender for 3d tracking quite a lot. I'll see if I can put something together.
  • ViktoriousViktorious Website User Posts: 105
    edited May 2012
    Here is a great intro to tracking in 3D.
    As far as getting the camera track into Hitfilm I'm not sure cause I don't own it.
    Best of luck
  • JCL_FilmsJCL_Films Website User Posts: 156
    Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate this. :) Knowing how to do 3D tracking will make life so much simpler! B-)
  • NuwandaNuwanda Website User Posts: 174
    edited May 2012
    Impressive tutorial clip, many thanks for sharing. I am still "afraid" using Blender 'cos it looks so complicated :(
  • NuttyBananaNuttyBanana Website User Posts: 151
    I know what you mean Nuwanda, I've been working at Blender for about a week now and I'm determined that this time round I'm gonna get into learning 3d properly. So far so good thanks to blendercookie.com!
  • ViktoriousViktorious Website User Posts: 105
    Yeah I know what you mean to. It used to so complicated to me so I didn't even try it. But Really after you follow a couple tutorials and do some stuff on there it's not as hard as it seems.
    Here is a great link for beginners in Blender.
  • SketchWorkSketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    The old blender interface was very complicated and strange, but it has recently had a complete overhaul and now works in a similar way to many 3D apps.
    Use the above tutorial to get your 3D track and then all you need to do is export it using the after effects exporter and that will import into HF with no problems.
    Have fun and please post your WIPs so we can see how you are getting on :)
  • NuwandaNuwanda Website User Posts: 174
    Very good tip regarding blendercookie - many thanks !
    Will give it a serious try now B-)
  • JCL_FilmsJCL_Films Website User Posts: 156
    Thanks again everyone! I will use the After Effects export and look at blendercookie.com. Who knows? I may try to learn how to do CGI. :))
  • MasquttiMasqutti Website User Posts: 340
    After effects exporter uses a specific file to export from blender, that is*.SJX, and it isn't supported in Hitfilm? Workaround for this one? I've tried two different Maya exporters, they both seem to fail exporting the camera-data properly, although importing to hitfilm works somewhat.