Video Filter - Fuzzy Video

guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
Hello,
I have old vhs tapes and a few hi8mm tapes that some of the video is fuzzy due to low light. I know there are filters to fix that problem, but I was wondering what are these filters called and what programs have them. I'm not to good with HF yet, but I'm sure it has a video filter on it. Anyone can help. Not sure if this is in the right fourm..? Thanks!

Comments

• AculagAculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    De-noise, noise removal, etc. HitFilm has Grain Removal, which you should give a shot. If that doesn't help, you might have to look somewhere else. Are you using HitFilm for editing as well, or do you have a dedicated NLE?
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506

De-noise, noise removal, etc. HitFilm has Grain Removal, which you should give a shot. If that doesn't help, you might have to look somewhere else. Are you using HitFilm for editing as well, or do you have a dedicated NLE?
    I got pinnacle 12 and I think it is sony vegas.... Those are some of my options. Got any other ideas? Thanks.
  • MarcDracoMarcDraco Website User Posts: 37
    Neat Video is the best solution but it's not available for Hitfilm or as a standalone that I know of.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    But neat video is available for Vegas. It's the best denoiser by far.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    I never have used darkenergy. I will retract to "Neat Video is the only denoiser I have used worth the using--certainly beats Boris, VirtualDub, the ReVision one and the NewBlue one."
    Wow, 13 grand? I might have to stick with second-best. ;-)
    Maybe it's cuz my initial search brought up the Pro version, which really had a $13k price. I will look again.