Time Tunnel Effect for upcoming tutorial

AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson StaffAdministrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
In preparation for an upcoming tutorial, I created a bit of a Time Tunnel/Wormhole type effect, based on the intro credits for Doctor Who. This is entirely made with a single Particle Simulator in HitFilm Ultimate, so the entire thing can be made into a preset, although the turns and camera movement are outside the preset. Its an effect for which a tutorial has been requested repeatedly, so I'm getting things in line to start the tutorial for the near future. If there is anything that I seem to have overlooked, or particular aspects anyone would like me to focus on or make sure I cover clearly, please let me know.

Comments

• FutureisStereoFutureisStereo Website User Posts: 13
    Nice. Looking forward to this.
    Only thing I can think of adding, would be some sort of invisible Null point near
    the center -- if you want to track something in there. { I know
    you cant import a model there, }
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    Hey Axel,
    Did you actually make the particle effect move through 3d space and then use the camera moves to follow it? Or is this just a particle effect that sits in one place, emitting particles toward the camera?
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Nice! From the look of it this could also be adapted to work as a Fus-Ro-Dah effect :D
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    I'm sure Axel will reply later today, but as I understand it the particle system exists as a 3D curving shape, with the camera following the same path.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    For this version, the particle effect and the camera are traveling through space, but I think you could set it up either way.
  • DanielMorganDanielMorgan Website User Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012
    Ah yes, I remember doing something a bit similar -
  • MarkOmMarkOm Website User Posts: 63
  • CranialFansCranialFans Website User Posts: 92
    Awesome Axel, that looks like just what i need to know for something i'm working on. Cheers!
  • cnocscnocs Website User Posts: 41
    How on earth have you managed that with only 1 particle system?
    Cnocs
  • MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    multiple emitters ;)
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    To be perfectly clear, I said one Particle Simulator, not one particle system. I used multiple emitters, and multiple systems within some of the emitters. But it all exists within a single Particle Simulator layer on the timeline. I'll explain in greater detail in the near future.
    Slightly updated version fo the effect, plus I added a new element, outside of the particles.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Nice - to sell the police box the lighting needs to match a bit better. Can you have lights rotating around it to mimic the changing light emitted by the particle tunnel?
    I'm sure I could, yeah, but I'm not entirely convinced that improving the lighting would really sell the effect, considering how rough the detail on the placeholder police box is. I might give it a try if I get the time though.
  • SketchWorkSketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    lol to the Minecraft Tardis!
  • DianetixDianetix Website User Posts: 27
    Hey Axel... Hows the tutorial going?... Looking forward to it. :-)
  • XDestructionXDestruction Website User Posts: 21
    The tutorial is coming along, and I will hopefully have it ready pretty soon. I've been somewhat limited in the time I have had to work on it of late, but its coming.
  • madmankingmadmanking Website User Posts: 5
    Diablo 3 has also been released for one week, and surely, as what we had predicted before it was released: it provides us an excellent game experience and the sense of the screen and rich game culture and meaning what other games can't provide. Everything makes Diablo III fans crazy.
    Its release time is very short, but some super players are emerging one by one, so those of us loyal Diablo 3 fans cannot hold on to have a try. But many people haven't performed the game like them for that they can't fight the good equipments as they are. Short of equipments will bring many difficulties to obtain the excellent gaming experience what the formers have, but postponed indefinitely. It is virtually unnecessary because we can find the other to avoid this problem! Maybe at this time, we can do you a favor.
    We have cultivated the wow items area for more than eight years and ranked ourselves into the first class. Several years hard working make us earned a great reputation among customers. Now, we want to broaden our business line, so we put a new business-diablo 3 items to fulfill our customers' request. Our team members have a very rich and professional game experience, they always walk along in the forefront of the game development, so here you can get any Diablo 3 items you desire. We value diablo 3 very much according to the plans of our company. All items will be ensured adequate stocking, and sold at relatively lower price! And we can assure you that all the equipment is obtained buy man-made, so you do not need to worry about the security of your diablo 3 account, and your account will never be banned by illegal operations.In the later process of the game, the quality of your items will directly determine your experience, so assembly your diablo 3 items in a suitable way to accomplish the task becomes extremely important. In addition to diablo 3 items transactions, we can also provide our customers with the equipment assembly advice based on our abundant experience! After all that noted above, we can provide you a large amount of diablo 3 gold and fast diablo 3 power leveling, and they are sold at cheapest price in the same sector!So you should set your mind at rest to enjoy the service we provide!All the transactions are carried out in secret situation. We will never disclose to any third party any information of the transaction between us, so you do not need to concern any security problems of your information! Buy cheap diablo 3 items in a safe way, please come to visit our website:http://www.upitems.com/diablo3-items