ApeDog or Baby Bigfoot

budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
edited May 2012 in General
I guess this is a dog, but looks like a gorilla.
Post your whackiest pictures!!!!!
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UZI7SheOdo0/T5_hR1kwuLI/AAAAAAAABJY/mxhQbFllo0g/s1024/ApeDog.jpg[/img]

Comments

• LinkedPicturesLinkedPictures Website User Posts: 150
    Just went to visit my family in Canada, they have a huge dog, that, when it stands up, it's taller than an adult. We certainly had some fun scaring off the locals and pretending it was a bear. :P I'll post some pics when I get back.
  • AculagAculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012
    budwzr, did you inhale a lot of chemical fumes as a child/adult/just before posting here?
  • KahvehRobinettKahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    Looks like a dog. You must be really bored budwzr.
  • budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
    These movie and trailer reviews are eating up all the bandwidth, they should put those in Filmmaking.
    And what's the point of those?
    It's like carving your name on a disc to send up in a space probe.
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    It just looks like a big fluffy dog :D
    edited May 2012

These movie and trailer reviews are eating up all the bandwidth, they should put those in Filmmaking.
    And what's the point of those?
    The filmmaking forum is for people to talk about their own projects and filmmaking tips, not blockbuster films that they had nothing to do with. The point of a thread about a movie trailer is to discuss the movie.
    Threads that are like, "LOL LOOK AT THIS CRAZY SQUIRREL THAT I FILMED WHEN I HAD PARKINSON'S DISEASE" are completely pointless. Why do you post things like this? Just to troll the forums, or do you have some legitimate reason for wanting people to discuss a blurry screenshot of a dog? If I was a mod, I would have deleted this thread, and all the other random pointless crap you've posted lately, right away. The mods here are far too forgiving, in my opinion.
    edited May 2012
    If I was a mod, I would have deleted this thread, and all the other random pointless crap you've posted lately, right away.
    I was thinking that about your stupid "birdcam" too, but I didn't blast you over it. Geez, what a DK.
    Hey man, don't hold back. :)
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    It's funny how the forums have changed. It went from the mature, intellectual, and informative threads that were once on FxHome.com to this. To be honest, Aculag has a point.
    Why do we have so many threads about movies? Because this is a site based on filmmaking. This is where filmmakers can come together and discuss all things film. Now the General chat is for all things that don't fit in the other forums, so things like this do belong in such a place. Normally I'd tell Aculag that he should just ignore this thread if he doesn't like the content, but since this has been going on so much, something must be said.
    I feel like these forums are progressively losing their intellectual value. I remember when I first joined the FxHome forums in 2007 and I was the dumb noob who made countless pointless threads about projects that would never happen, or topics that held absolutely no value to the community. I remember specifically being reprimanded for such things. At the time by Andrew, (then known as Atom), for the most part while being taught by people like yourself Aculag.
    This is a time when we should be helping these new members such as Budwzr learn how this community is supposed to work. This is when we need to mold it into a better community for everyone. Attacking others won't do that, unless you can do it like Atom did ;)
    Jokes aside, these kinds of topics are mindless. Do they benefit the community? No. Do they inspire insightful and thoughtful discussion? Do they help others? No. HitFilm.com should be a place like FxHome was. A place where a noob, like myself, could go for advice without ridicule, to learn the art of filmmaking. A place where people like me could learn from those of more experience.
    @Budwzr, you aren't doing that. This topic doesn't do that. This community hasn't done that and it is a shame that this is what our community has come to. I want my community back. The community I joined back in 2007, the one that helped me to go from a kid playing in my backyard, to an adult who now understands and appreciates the art of film.
    I will leave it at that. Have a wonderful day/night.
    - Matthias Claflin
    edited May 2012
    Hey, this is the "shoot the breeze" forum, WTF?
    Anyway, what you wax poetic about is a pecking order that you take comfort and solace in. A place where, if you shine the right shoes, you get to be a bit player.
    HF is bogged down by self proclaimed Spielbergs.
    HF should be a high tech arena for slick motion graphics and VFX, but instead .....
    My craziness is a protest against the status quo, and a call for a higher caliber exchange in these forums.
    edited May 2012

It's funny how the forums have changed. It went from the mature, intellectual, and informative threads that were once on FxHome.com to this. To be honest, Aculag has a point.
    This is the type of discussion I'm used to in a forum. If I discuss stuff like this here, no one will ever respond, so what's the point?
    I doubt anyone here has ever even heard of Rec601 colorspace.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m0NDWwDuCGU/T6Cp11s6-bI/AAAAAAAABJw/JEMjsDcBjVI/s939/snap114.jpg[/img]
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    Huray! Another pointless topic turning into an argument, must really deter new people from wanting to join these forums.
    If I where fxhome I'd creae another forum where people can out weird/random stuff, or, just delete the pontless, as it is rather annoying and doesn't help anyone out. :/
    I agree with Matthias, (no offence to budwzr) ;)
    Thanks
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012
    Budwzr, I will concede this much, I don't have a clue what rec601 colorspace is. How about instead of making a vain attempt at lording your knowledge over those like me who don't really understand much of what you posted there, you explain it to those who are interested? How about instead of double posting, you use the handy edit tool?
    If you are as knowledgeable as you claim, why don't you actually be helpful?
    I really couldn't care less about what forums you are used to. I couldn't care less about what you think a forum should be. This is Hitfilm. This is a continuation of FxHome and therefore, I will continue to criticize this kind of worthless thread.
  • mercianfilmmercianfilm Website User Posts: 161
    Flexhi and matthias have hit it on the head- bemoaning the fact that there's no intellectual talk on the forums and responding by posting pointless posts is neither helpful or tackling the issue really. Budwzr- you obviously have a lot of knowledge about the technical side of things- why not create a topic that could get stickied tot he top of the page like the fxhome forums? such as 'a beginners guide to...(insert here) ' that would inspire a lot of grateful thanks from newer members whilst the veterans of the forums can chip in with their own experiences.
    Sam
    P.s i love Aculags birdwatching vids :D