(Froi-> Flehxi), new video!

Froi
Froi Website User Posts: 966
edited April 2012 in Practical Filmmaking
yo, i got a new channel, so i changed my hitfilm name, you can still call me froi if you want though.
so i finally, kinda, worked out how to do this fu ro dah shout effect, it still isn't perfect, but hay ho.
so i used my morphsuit to make the bear move, (lighting wasnt amazing so it didnt key out too well, see if you can spot where it didnt key properly)
i used action essentails for the explosion and ending VFX.
subscribe if you like the video, more shall be up in 8 weeks, until then... nothing wil go up, :(

by the way, the white noise in audio i decided to leave in as i thought it would make it seem more "authentic"/ suit mood

Comments

• SketchWork
    SketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    Kinda feel sorry for the poor bear :(
  • Froi
    Oh, don't worry, he was eager to act in it! Hehe :P
    What do you think of the effects? (this was really an effects test, that's y it was so short :) )
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    LOL, that was good!
    The first hit straight back and the second hit from the explosion looked really good couldn't really see anything moving it. Only noticed the keying part at the beginning.
    Your opening logo looks great too!
  • mercianfilm
    mercianfilm Website User Posts: 161
    Looks great mate! I liked the explosion the best- it seemed to fit it really well. One thing i would say though would be to perhaps have a shortened version of your logo/titles for things like this- it seemed that the titles was longer than the short! Looks really good- looking forward to more stuff.
  • budwzr
    budwzr Website User Posts: 655
    Hahaha,that green suit is too good. Gotta get some imagination going, yeah?
  • DX6channel
    DX6channel Website User Posts: 72
    I would change the transfer mode on the blue rings to add or screen.
    Other the that it looks great! B-)
  • KahvehRobinett
    KahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    Good job, I would also say that the blue rings need to be brighter. Other than that I enjoyed it very much. :)
  • Froi

LOL, that was good!
    The first hit straight back and the second hit from the explosion looked really good couldn't really see anything moving it. Only noticed the keying part at the beginning.
    Your opening logo looks great too!
    thanks, on the first hit a just through him backwards, then shot another clip throwing him sideways and merged the two together, the only bits where i was actually holding him was the walking bit and the start of the first through, the second throw i was behind the banaster so you coudn't see me (except a little bit throuhg the banaster, but i masked it out :) )
    thanks the title took a little whiloe to find out how to make it (just the particle bit) but then i found my way and got it looking like that! :D )
    glad you liked it

Looks great mate! I liked the explosion the best- it seemed to fit it really well. One thing i would say though would be to perhaps have a shortened version of your logo/titles for things like this- it seemed that the titles was longer than the short! Looks really good- looking forward to more stuff.
    thanks, the explosion took a long time as my computer is so slow, but i am glad you lked it :D and yeas, i shall definatley make a shorter version of the titles for short clips, thanks for the tip mate!
    and sadly more stuff shall be coming in 8 weeks because of work/revision :(

I would change the transfer mode on the blue rings to add or screen.
    Other the that it looks great! B-)
    yeah, i tried the add, but it went too bright and i lost some detail, but for my summer film i shall try to master the effect, so it shall be bright and have detail, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :)
    and i ma glad ya like it :D

Good job, I would also say that the blue rings need to be brighter. Other than that I enjoyed it very much. :)
    yeah, same as reply to DX6channel, and i am glad you like it mate :D
  • madmike
    madmike Website User Posts: 135
    they were never that cruel to misery bear lol. poor bugger. gotta say loved it thouugh
  • Froi
    Wo! I feel sorry for misery bear, just watched it now, poor misery bear, well I think they were crueler, mentally, not physically haha :P lol
    Glad you liked it! :D
  • KahvehRobinett
    KahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    Flehxi,
    The sound fx right at the beginning are recognizable to me anyway and probably others that were at Fxhome.com so it probably the best idea to use some sort of little song or something. Also just an idea, it might be better to have you VERY COOL title at the end of your future shorts, instead of at the beginning. Just so first time viewers can see the amazing video without having to wait through a couple of seconds worth of titles.
    Loving your work, Kahveh.
  • Froi

Flehxi,
    The sound fx right at the beginning are recognizable to me anyway and probably others that were at Fxhome.com so it probably the best idea to use some sort of little song or something. Also just an idea, it might be better to have you VERY COOL title at the end of your future shorts, instead of at the beginning. Just so first time viewers can see the amazing video without having to wait through a couple of seconds worth of titles.
    Loving your work, Kahveh.
    That us perculiar about the SFX, where did you hear them from? I'd never heard of those ones before,
    Glad you think the titles are "VERY COOL" :D and I do like your idea of adding it to the end, however, it seems rather weird adding titles at the end instead of my usual credit page (as seen on my last channel videos (that have been deleted)), but I shall see what It looks like at the end :)
    Also for my longer short films I will make, I shall put the titles at the front and make it look more professional/ subtle
    Thanks for the feedback!