A quick question...

Hello, I'm really loving this software, and it's been working great! :) I just had one question, and It's probably a really dumb question that most people probably know the answer to. Does anybody know if it is possible to import videos from itunes into Hitfilm? When I click on import and go to my itunes media folder and check my "tv shows" or "movies" folders, I always get a message saying "No items match your search." I can get them into Hitfilm, but in order to do so, I need to record them with my recording software, (which puts a watermark at the top of all my recordings :dry: ) but then when I try to import that to Hitfilm, it will show up in the sidebar, but when I try to play it or add it to the timeline it will say that it could not import the video, so then I need to put it through MovieMaker, which seems to make the quality worse (that might just be me), and then Hitfilm will accept the file. So if anyone knows how to get videos from itunes to Hitfilm in good quality and without a watermark, that would be great. :D Thank you!

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,517 Staff

Hello, I'm really loving this software, and it's been working great! :) I just had one question, and It's probably a really dumb question that most people probably know the answer to. Does anybody know if it is possible to import videos from itunes into Hitfilm? When I click on import and go to my itunes media folder and check my "tv shows" or "movies" folders, I always get a message saying "No items match your search." I can get them into Hitfilm, but in order to do so, I need to record them with my recording software, (which puts a watermark at the top of all my recordings :dry: ) but then when I try to import that to Hitfilm, it will show up in the sidebar, but when I try to play it or add it to the timeline it will say that it could not import the video, so then I need to put it through MovieMaker, which seems to make the quality worse (that might just be me), and then Hitfilm will accept the file. So if anyone knows how to get videos from itunes to Hitfilm in good quality and without a watermark, that would be great. :D Thank you!
    Hi,
    Unfortunately the format used for the TV Shows & Movies found on the iTunes store is not compatible with HitFilm. TV Shows & Movies are stored in the .M4V format which is a video file format developed by Apple and is very close to MP4 format. The differences are the optional DRM copyright protection, and the treatment of AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio which is not standardized for the MP4 container.
    They are not designed to be played outside of Apple's devices or software & are DRM protected to stop this.
    Thanks
    Ady
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Unusual of Apple to be so restrictive with their products...
  • budwzr
    budwzr Posts: 655

Unusual of Apple to be so restrictive with their products...
    You make the funny, yes?