Looping video-file?

Lars_H
Lars_H Posts: 79 Enthusiast
Hi all!
I have a question for you.
Can you make a videofile contain some kind of looping function/instruction whitin it self?
Can it be made? Or is it some kind of "program" that you attatch to the file?
The reason why I want to know is because I have made a film for an exhibition at a museum,
the film is 5-6 minutes and it is going to be looped all the time.
To other museums I have done this by making a DVD with a looping menu, wich is how I think most people do.
BUT....this museum want a "Mpeg 2 Hd 25-26mbit" (with sound) to be placed on a USB or SD card.
Apparently they got a file delivered like this a while ago.
Are they just talking rubbish or.....is this possible?
I have to deliver this week, so all help is welcome.
Lars H

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    I'd look at the program they will be using to play back the file, as it will likely have an option for looping that can be toggled on or off.
  • budwzr
    budwzr Posts: 655
    edited April 2012
    There's no looping flag or anything like that.
    They're using a media player hooked up to a flat screen. The players are small, and probably velcro-ed to the back of the display. They accept SD or USB thumbdrives. Just use a cheapo class 4.
    If they specifically want Mpeg, then it's an older player. The newer ones play everything.
    Render it as mpeg2/PCM with a .mpg extension. Mpeg2 can be HD too, not just for DVD(SD). If they want surround, then render as mpeg2/AC-3/5.1.
    HF doesn't render to Mpeg2, but that's not really a problem. Use H.264/MP4 then transcode it. Use the Main Concept encoder in Vegas. Or use AviDemux (Free).
  • SketchWork
    SketchWork Posts: 127
    What software are you going to be using to play the media?
    Windows media player, VLC, Quicktime to name a few all have a loop function built into the software so all you need to do is load up your media, click loop and then play your media.