I went and bit the bullet?

I went ahead and bought a new graphics card for my desk top. I'm updating my gtx 295x2, to a gtx 580, with 3gigs. Lets see how this works.

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    Coo, let us know how that all works out for you.
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert
    Nice... that's the same card that I recently bought. I'm gonna save up some more cash to buy another one because my P.C. is set up to work with two graphics cards. :D
  • The sad thing is that I was unable to use the card in my old system, which was only three years old. So I'm building a new one.
    Here is what I got;
    CPU - i7-22700K Unlocked & Unleashed Sandy Bridge 3.50 GHz 8MB Cache
    MB - MSI Z77A-G45
    CASE- MSI Interceptor Series Nighthawk ATX Mid Tower
    MEM - 32 GIG 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    PS - Toughpower 1200w
    Cooling - Corsair H100
    GPU - EVGA GTX 580 w 3Gig of mem
    I'm pulling the HD's out of my old unit, which are 2 320Gig WD 10,000 rpm.
    Now this should be able to run, HitFilm.
  • So everything has changed. What started out as a GPU upgrade, has turned into me making myself pretty much a workstation. The case is now a Corsair 400R, the motherboard; is now a Asus Sabertooth X79. I still have 32 gigs mem, but I have switch CPU's. Instead of the 1155 i7-2700K, I now have the LGA2011 i7-3930K, along with the GTX 580 w/g of mem. Any way, still putting it together, will see what happens. If you hear the was a brown out, in Southern California. It's just me turning on my new computer!!! LOL
  • Okay here is a video, of the new system I just built. This should not have any problems, running HFU. Please leave comments on what you think. This is the first computer I have ever built, from begging to end. Take care
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    That thing should run HitFilm quite snappily. Im curious if its a bit loud with that many fans going on, but as far as performance, it should be smokin.'
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Posts: 478
    Eflat that's a great looking computer!
    You're gonna have lots of fun with that one lol!!!!
    *drools* i7 3930k
  • That is why I chose the Asus Sabertooth X79. The last part where I was showing what it looked like in the dark, that is how loud it is.