Create breathing steam

Hi,
Yesterday I tried to create a breathing steam, you know when it's very cold outside and you breathe by the mouth you have steam, but I couldn't make it..I tried with 3D particles, in textures "white smoke" but when I reduce the size and change the speed, well the smoke becomes like snow flakes...So does anyone know how to create the steam or with which effect can I create it??? (hope you understand cause I don't know exactly how to call it)
Thank you for your help

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    Keep the particles large, but reduce the alpha until they are almost transparent.
  • moonwalker
    moonwalker Posts: 116

Keep the particles large, but reduce the alpha until they are almost transparent.
    Thank you Axel!!! it works!!! so great!!! you are the best!
    Axel, I wanna tell you that I created a shadow!!!!!! lol Yeah! ok it's not perfect,but I have my shadow on the floor, I explain, I created a "floor" and added with blend mode but there is a color difference with the background, I tried with overlay and multiply as you said, but the plan stays darker than the background...so we see a dark rectangle around the shadow not black or white but darker than the background....how to correct it??
    thanks again Axel :D