splicing out a person in video

what i would like to do with hitfilm standard is remove a person in a video and replace them with myself.is this possible with hitfilm standard?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Removing a person from an existing video could be quite tricky, depending on the situation. Was it filmed in a location that you have access to? Could you get a similar shot without anyone in it, which you could use to replace the background after removing the person? That would be one option. If the person is moving around quite a lot, as opposed to standing or sitting in one general location, then some 3D motion tracking programs might be able to perform a replacement. Or, if you can match their movements really well, then you might be able to just paste yourself over the original person, without having to remove them first. Alternately, you might be able to just do a face replacement, depending on the scene and what the person is doing. Some of these techniques might be possible in HitFilm Ultimate, others would require other software as well. The only one I can see working very well in Hitfilm Standard is just pasting yourself over the original person, after filming yourself greenscreen, although some of the others might work depending on the specifics of the scene and how much work you want to put into it.
  • DrummerGuyDrummerGuy Website User Posts: 29
    One thing you could also try is find a frame where the person you want to remove is absent from the shot. If you can change the speed of a shot in Hitfilm, change the speed of that frame so that that specific frame goes on for the length of the shot. Then put the normal speed shot on top of that, mask out the person, and put yourself in his place using green screen.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Yeah, provided the camera is not moving at all in the shot, that is also an option.
  • budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
    edited March 2012

what i would like to do with hitfilm standard is remove a person in a video and replace them with myself.is this possible with hitfilm standard?
    Like you want to position yourself as pope or something, right? Yeah, no problem so long as you're a little bigger and follow the same movements.
    There's some tricks to it, one being to duplicate and float any foreground objects that pass in front of you.