Camera missing in active view.

ProsperoProspero Website User Posts: 127
Hi, I've been trying out Simon's Particle rig tutorial I get to the point where you set the cameras to 2 up view with left being active camera and right being perspective. If I move the camera around in perspective and activate they keyframe for camera positioning as suggested then I see nothing in the active camera field. Should I be moving the active camera rather than the one in perspective? Or have I done something else wrong. Newbie question I know :(

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Moving the perspective view around won't have any effect on the camera. The perspective view is simply a 'reference' view: it doesn't impact on your actual project render.
    To move the camera you need to either use the camera and orbit controls while in the active camera view, or you can directly manipulate the camera as an object while in the perspective view. (you can also adjust the camera's properties directly in the Control panel, of course).
    Hope that helps!
  • ProsperoProspero Website User Posts: 127
    I was moving the camera as an object in perspective view so don't know why I lose in Active view. I'll try moving it in active view and see if I lose it again :P
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Do you have more than one camera on the timeline?
    What do you mean by 'you see nothing'? Does the active camera view go completely blank, or do you mean that the camera view doesn't change?
  • ProsperoProspero Website User Posts: 127
    Only one camera in the timeline and activeview goes completely blank :D
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    That would probably be because when you move the camera in perspective view, once it get to the new location you have moved it to, there is nothing in its field fo view. You probably need to rotate the camera or something, sio it is pointing at the scene you want it to see.