Exporting edited green screen material with alpha?

Hi there. I am new to hitfilm and was running into a problem lately.
Now I have filmed and edited some green screen material in hitfilm and now I want to export this footage as mp4 to import it into Sony Vegas for further works on a music video (Hitfilm isn't too handy in this regard).
I can export the composite shot but when I export it all the alpha information seem to be gone.
I want to just export the character without the background so I can add other backgrounds in Sony Vegas but it seems I can only export the composite shot with the black background color.
Can anybody help me out on this one?
Would be great
Greets

Comments

• budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
    Export it as a PNG image sequence.
  • LeibregimeLeibregime Website User Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I tried exporting as PNG. Still it is rendering the background along with it.
    When I insert the composite shot in the editor I can use it as I want to so the background is rendered during the export process.
    Something I have to pay attention to I may have overseen?
    As I said...I am fairly new to hitfilm.
    I can export as JPEG too but JPEG does not support alpha information.
    EDIT:
    I've overseen to check if I use RGBA. Man, I feel stupid now. lol
    Thanks a lot budwzr!
  • TGamelTGamel Website User Posts: 81
    edited April 2012

Hi there. I am new to hitfilm and was running into a problem lately.
    Now I have filmed and edited some green screen material in hitfilm and now I want to export this footage as mp4 to import it into Sony Vegas for further works on a music video (Hitfilm isn't too handy in this regard).
    I can export the composite shot but when I export it all the alpha information seem to be gone.
    I want to just export the character without the background so I can add other backgrounds in Sony Vegas but it seems I can only export the composite shot with the black background color.
    Can anybody help me out on this one?
    Would be great
    Greets
    You can export it as an AVI and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 will read it with no problems. When exporting in Hit Film, just choose AVI instead of MP4, then you must select 32-bit RGBA (A = Alpha Channel) and export. One thing you must do in Vegas however to see the alpha channel is change the clip's properties. To do this, once you import the footage with the alpha channel into your timeline click on the footage, select properties in the dialog box, then select the media tab, then click on the 'Alpha Channel' selection and choose 'Straight unmatted' and the alpha channel will be visible.
    Todd