Sparkles effect

moonwalkermoonwalker Website User Posts: 116
Hi! Well just wanna know if it's possible to add sparkles effects on clothes, so I join 2 videos you could see what I mean
first video is from 0.28 to 0.30 look the jacket sparkles are bright

for this 2 video light particles at the beginning stay STUCK on socks while walking I want they stay stuck
the 2 video is from 0.00 to 0.07sec

Comments

• HendoHendo Staff Website User Posts: 160 Enthusiast
    edited March 2012
    Yes, this is possible. Check out this video tutorial from Axel:

Motion tracking will allow you to attach a visual effect (such as sparkle particles) to something in a video, such as an actor's sock.
  • moonwalkermoonwalker Website User Posts: 116
    Thank you!!! gonna watch and try, now just have to find how to create the light particles, and choose the speed... Thank you again, you are very kind!!
  • budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
    I believe they're called "glint", in professional terms.:)
    Ok I understood the tracker, but how to create some light particles as on the socks I mean the same appearance, cause i just wanna put 5 or 6 light particles not more and stick, not moving in cone or else, just still particles..
  • TheRealJayWalkerTheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    With the second video I'd attach maybe use 5 or 6 Points to your tracked video and then add the Flashlight LED's to those points (set the blend mode to Add to make them pop) and then maybe keygrame the intensity so that they pulse.
    For the dust I'd create another point and use a separate 3D particle effect engine and attach it to that point. Amend the scale, choose a texture and Particles per second, amend the colour and blending (again choose something like Add) You could use a plane to simulate the floor so that they bounce off that. Josh did a really good Prism effect tutorial which goes into greater detail about creating the Deflector so the sparkles would bounce off it.
    RodyPolis also did a great Lightsaber Burn turtial and the last part of that goes into making sparks. I'd check that out as a good starting point as it's taught me loads about the 3D engine.
    Hope I've not confused you with the above
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff
    I would probably use particles for the blinking lights on the socks as well as the sparkly dust stuff. For the sock lights, I would use an emitter shape that covered the whole sock, set the particle speed to 0, so the particles stay put, then convert the particle effect to a comp. Then track the movement of the sock, apply the tracking to a point, and parent the particle comp to the point. Then you can add masks to the comp layer as needed, to constrain the blinking lights to the area within the sock.

With the second video I'd attach maybe use 5 or 6 Points to your tracked video and then add the Flashlight LED's to those points (set the blend mode to Add to make them pop) and then maybe keygrame the intensity so that they pulse.
    For the dust I'd create another point and use a separate 3D particle effect engine and attach it to that point. Amend the scale, choose a texture and Particles per second, amend the colour and blending (again choose something like Add) You could use a plane to simulate the floor so that they bounce off that. Josh did a really good Prism effect tutorial which goes into greater detail about creating the Deflector so the sparkles would bounce off it.
    RodyPolis also did a great Lightsaber Burn turtial and the last part of that goes into making sparks. I'd check that out as a good starting point as it's taught me loads about the 3D engine.
    Thanks, just what is Flashlight LED to add?? I watched the prism effect tutorial...Blessed Easter!

I would probably use particles for the blinking lights on the socks as well as the sparkly dust stuff. For the sock lights, I would use an emitter shape that covered the whole sock, set the particle speed to 0, so the particles stay put, then convert the particle effect to a comp. Then track the movement of the sock, apply the tracking to a point, and parent the particle comp to the point. Then you can add masks to the comp layer as needed, to constrain the blinking lights to the area within the sock.
    Well Axel, I have to cover the whole sock?? thought I had to create some points...I understood how to reduce the speed and the amount of particles,and to pulse, surely change the "life" in movement variation,so I just have to create some points to track or if I do what you tell , just need one point by sock to track if I use an emitter shape to cover the whole sock, right?? it would be easier for sure rather than create 5 or 6 points and track them on one sock...
    Have a blessed Easter Axel, Thank you
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,241 Staff
    edited April 2012
    Well, I'm not sure how creating 5 or 6 points would be easier than creating 1 point, but use whatever technique works best for you.
    the Flashlight LED that StopMotionMan mentioned is a preset in the Light Flares effect.

No it's clear!! lol but before adding flashlight led's to points, do I have to create a new plane cause you say I have to use blend mode to add....I tried but even after using blend mode to add there is a blue color with the led, so how to add it without the blue color around?? and to pulse? thank you
    edited April 2012
    If you used particles, then you can build a pulsing effect into their Lifetime controls, and control the color with absolute precision. Just saying.
    For using LED's, there are color controls for the various parts of the flare, and if they don't get the color dialed in well enough, then yo can add a color filter to the plane that contains the flares to shift the color further. As far as pulsing, I covered how to create a blinking light using a light flare in my steamphone hologram tutorial:

Use lower settings on the flicker effect to create a pulsing that doesn't turn the light all the way off.

If you used particles, then you can build a pulsing effect into their Lifetime controls, and control the color with absolute precision. Just saying.
    For using LED's, there are color controls for the various parts of the flare, and if they don't get the color dialed in well enough, then yo can add a color filter to the plane that contains the flares to shift the color further. As far as pulsing, I covered how to create a blinking light using a light flare in my steamphone hologram tutorial:

Use lower settings on the flicker effect to create a pulsing that doesn't turn the light all the way off.
    Oh!!! thank you Axel!! I'll watch your tutorial tomorrow,well I tried to create light particles by setting speed to 0, but It stays 1 particle and as I chose sparkle star, to 0 there is no more the star but a point lol,that's why I asked about the LED, I understood for the lifetime and variation movement, so gonna try both and see which is the best to pulse brightly, just wanted to tell you what you do is great!! you are very talented Axel!! lol Have a lovely day with yours

Axel I have just one question, for something else I asked sooner:the magic dust( particles) how to add a glow?? cause when you try to add the effect on the timeline, you cannot add effects on the particles, I cannot drag the effect,so in the control panel I don't find where I can change and add brightness or glow on particles...At least I have to add glow on another plane?? thank you, your tutorials are great ,I love learning with you!! lol Have a nice day
    If you right-click the particle effect, and convert it to a composite shot, then you can add glow to the composite shot layer. But you can't add effects such as glow directly to a 3D effect such as particles.