FxHome 2012 Olympics Promo Poster!!!

LinkedPictures
LinkedPictures Website User Posts: 150
Well, as you all know, the Olympics are nearing. Currently, that is my topic in Geography class.
Now, we got a homework, the teacher said, "choose your favorite company, make a poster of that company sponsoring the Olympics". So that's what I did. I choose you guys!!! :P
The poster is attached and, as you can see, it is very...erm...random. I guess you could say that the whole 'Olympics ftw' thing reflects on how awesome this company is and an average British man's sense of humour. :))
Anyway, please leave comments on what you thought and enjoy!

Comments

• Aculag
    Aculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    Were you graded on this?
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure we'll be seeing that poster put up around London any time soon, but I definitely appreciate the sentiment. :P
    You should have taken the weird Olympic mascots and put them into a lightsaber fight. That's probably what we'd do if we ACTUALLY sponsored the Olympics. ;)
  • TomMc
    TomMc Website User Posts: 112 Just Starting Out
    As the guy in charge of Marketing for FXhome, I feel I have to point out that that we are not official Olympics sponsors and were in no way involved in this school project.
    Please don't sue us I.O.C.
    Nice work though!
  • LinkedPictures

As the guy in charge of Marketing for FXhome, I feel I have to point out that that we are not official Olympics sponsors and were in no way involved in this school project.
    Nice work though!
    lol why the hell would I sue you? :))
  • LinkedPictures

Were you graded on this?
    Nope, because it was a joke.
  • LinkedPictures

You should have taken the weird Olympic mascots and put them into a lightsaber fight. That's probably what we'd do if we ACTUALLY sponsored the Olympics. ;)
    That's actually a brilliant idea, and, I agree with you, those mascots are really freaky.
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    I think when he said, "Please don't sue us I.O.C." he was referring to the International Olympic Committee.
    Also, Linked, you don't need to post a new reply every time you want to add something. You posted 3 times in 5 minutes. Why not just post once, with everything you want to say. That's why we have an edit tool.
  • LinkedPictures
    Oh, whatevs.
    Sorry that I posted 3 responses in 5 minutes, I'll go to jail now if you like.
    Also, I don't like to put it all in one message because I'm very organized. And that didn't make sense.
  • Aculag
    Aculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    edited March 2012
    It's actually more organized to put all of your quotes in one post than it is to spread it across three consecutive ones, but okay. Don't get all indignant on Matthias for pointing out something very helpful. The "MultiQuote" function exists for a reason.
    And it's a good thing you weren't graded on that poster. :)
  • Adrine
    Adrine Website User Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    You need to work much better then this to create a better poster, you need to add some more colors to enhance the werbeplakat or pormo poster, but over all its a fine poster!
  • Froi
    Froi Website User Posts: 966
    Well this is a pretty random Convosation in this topic.... Back to the piont, I'd say the poster, if it "were" to be designed for the actual Olympics, should have much more colour, like red and white as those are the colours of the English flag.
    And I'd say do what Simon said, light saber fight with the maskots (<- dunno how to spell it) but maybe used an Olympic object instead of a light saber to make it more relevant.
  • budwzr
    budwzr Website User Posts: 655
    edited April 2012
    I see it as just a shout-out for the Olympics, and there's no official Olympics logos or trademarks, therefore non-actionable.
    Just the word "Olympics" is probably too generic to be a trademark.
    But putting the HF logos on it IS an infringement.
  • Froi

I see it as just a shout-out for the Olympics, and there's no official Olympics logos or trademarks, therefore non-actionable.
    Just the word "Olympics" is probably too generic to be a trademark.
    But putting the HF logos on it IS an infringement.
    But it is only for a school project, IT is not like it is going to be printed in the thousands and stuck up everywhere so surely a single school project should not really matter when it comes to using trademarks and logos, etc. if your not allowed to use stuff like that for a simple school project that's kinda stupid without a good reason why, what do you guys think?
  • LinkedPictures

But it is only for a school project, IT is not like it is going to be printed in the thousands and stuck up everywhere so surely a single school project should not really matter when it comes to using trademarks and logos, etc. if your not allowed to use stuff like that for a simple school project that's kinda stupid without a good reason why, what do you guys think?
    I agree froi.

But, seriously guys, just stop going on about infringement and that.
    This was merely a joke. I never actually used this. Sheesh.
  • budwzr
    But, seriously guys, just stop going on about infringement and that. This was merely a joke. I never actually used this. Sheesh.
    Yeah, no problem, but whoever copies someone elses art is missing the point of making art :)
  • LinkedPictures
    What do you mean?
  • budwzr

What do you mean?
    Make your own art! Then you can take full credit if people like it or hate it. Don't remix other people's stuff. Use their stuff as an influence, that's OK, all artists do that.
  • Froi

Make your own art! Then you can take full credit if people like it or hate it. Don't remix other people's stuff. Use their stuff as an influence, that's OK, all artists do that.
    Art is about taking other peoples ideas and showing them in your own way, as well as making it up yourself
  • TomMc
    Guys - cool it
    This all stems from my lame joke - the International Olympic Committee are famously protective of copyright, including logos, and even the word Olympics (ie: there are cafes in London that are being made to change their names because they have been called the Olympic Cafe for many years)
    However, I think even they would consider school projects to not worth the effort to sue.
    At FXhome we are all all for you guys expressing your creativity and having fun, and this includes with our logos. If you do something offensive or damaging, we will probably ask you to stop, otherwise, go for it.
    In the meantime, lets play nice.
  • budwzr

Oh, this was a joke? You forgot the :), then.
  • TomMc
    yeah, my bad netiquette ;)