VisionLab

guitar74
guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
I know this is a out of date program, but I still use it a little! I was wondering since the software has been discontinued, can I put it on more than one computer now? Thanks

Comments

• MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Website User Posts: 369
    I still use FX Lab Pro, especially for creating effects to use in my still images. I wish they would make the older programs available again. Not everyone can afford HitFilm or a computer that can run it. I think they could still make money selling the older programs at a reduced rate. It would kind of work like advertizing in a way. If you like these programs, just imagine how much more you can do with HitFilm.
    I am really really glad I downloaded all the FX Lab Presets while they were still up.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    edited March 2012
    The license hasn't changed, guitar74, and still applies.

I still use FX Lab Pro, especially for creating effects to use in my still images. I wish they would make the older programs available again.
    Everybody that owns our older software can still download it from their accounts at FXhome.com.
    [quote]Not everyone can afford HitFilm or a computer that can run it.[/quote]
    Perhaps, though since the HD 3000 update pretty much any modern laptop and desktop should be able to run HitFilm, even low-middling spec machines.
    Even aside from the HD 3000 update, the lowest GPU we support is the NVIDIA 7900 GT. That card was released in 2006 - six years ago! So the HitFilm requirements really aren't very strenuous.
    As for price, bear in mind that HitFilm Ultimate is cheaper than VisionLab Studio. Price-wise, HitFilm is actually cheaper than our older software.
    [quote]I think they could still make money selling the older programs at a reduced rate. It would kind of work like advertizing in a way. If you like these programs, just imagine how much more you can do with HitFilm. [/quote]
    A nice idea, but I don't think it'd work. The Lab products were released in 2005 and are very, very old. Rather than being a stepping stone product as you describe, they're so old that they aren't representative of HitFilm. Other than having a vaguely similar purpose ('create visual effects') there really isn't any crossover between the products.
    [quote]I am really really glad I downloaded all the FX Lab Presets while they were still up.[/quote]
    Lab owners can still download the presets from the usual place: http://fxhome.com/presets
  • MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Website User Posts: 369
    Ah the preset library is still there, ya just hid the link wayyyy down at the bottom. kool