Student version

sebastian55693
sebastian55693 Website User Posts: 24
im really enjoying learning hitfilm and was wondering if there might be a student version or a demo

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    You can grab the demo from hitfilm.com/demo :)
  • sebastian55693
    IS it a trial or a demo
    a trial is when you get the program for a set number of days a demo is when you get a modified version of the program probably with less effects and lots of restrictions
  • SimonKJones
    It's fully functioning, with no time limit. The only restrictions are on export: you can only upload 30 seconds at a time to YouTube at SD res.
  • WhithoutNotes
    WhithoutNotes Website User Posts: 5
    Dear HitFilm,
    Áre you planning to release astudent version?
    That'd be great, cause I just can't afford your ultimate version...
    Anyway I think your Software is a lot better than AE and you're doing a great job!
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,249 Staff
    If you look at the academic pricing of comparable products you'll see that our standard pricing is still quite competitive. Rather than having a premium price on the standard license and a more affordable version for students, we have opted to try keep the software as affordable as possible to everyone. If you are unable to fit the Ultimate version into your budget at this time, we do offer HitFilm Standard as well, which is significantly lower in cost. We don't currently have plans to reduce costs even further for students, sorry.
  • budwzr
    budwzr Website User Posts: 655
    Why don't you deliver newspapers to earn extra money.
  • sebastian55693
    edited March 2012
    thanks for the info
    PS dont downplay adobe affter effects its a very versitile and usefull Program
    although i do agree that your pricing is probably a pretty good offer compared to some of the other programs out there
  • SimonKJones

thanks for the info
    PS dont downplay adobe affter effects its a very versitile and usefull Program
    I don't believe anybody downplayed AE. Unless you're referring to Whithout Notes' comment?
    [quote]although i do agree that your pricing is probably a pretty good offer compared to some of the other programs out there
    [/quote]
    For student pricing, check out some of the student resellers like Studica or Genesis Technologies.
  • sebastian55693
    edited March 2012
    Sorry i didnt specify
    i was talking about the without notes comment
    i wasnt trying to pick a fight though if thats the impression you got from the comment
    one more thing i really enjoy your tutorials and was wondering what you had to do with the actual making of hitfilm
  • sebastian55693
    one last thing ive noticed that hitfilm runs quite slowly on computer
    which seems strange seing how all my other software runs great like adobe after effects, 3ds max and mocha they all run fine while hitfilm runs very slowly just from basic effects
  • SimonKJones
    In terms of HitFilm's development, I was involved with much of its design. I don't do any of the programming though, I'm not clever enough for that. :P
    What spec machine do you have?
  • sebastian55693
    Here are my sytem Specs
    Manufaturer: Hewlett Packard
    Model: HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
    Processor: AMD A6-3400M APU,Speed-2.3GHz
    Graphics Card: Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
    Ram:6.00 GB
  • SimonKJones
    That is quite a low spec notebook, so it won't have great performance. You didn't mention what specific graphics card you have, but the HP website states that it uses a 7450M which is actually below the minimum requirements to run HitFilm. If that is indeed the case, then it's quite surprising that HitFilm runs on it at all. :)
    You can find the requirements here: http://hitfilm.com/ultimate/requirements
  • sebastian55693
    edited March 2012
    i think i got my info wrong then because if my computer can create complex compites in programs like 3d studio max then why wouldnt it be able to run a program like hitfilm
    also i found some more info on my graphics card it said it was a Radeon HD 6520G graphics card which i beleive is above your minimum requirements
    please correct me if im wrong
  • sebastian55693
    also i think i exagerted its slowness but it does run quite abit more slow then what im used to
  • guitar74
    guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    go to control panel and go to system or device manager and see the specs..
  • sebastian55693
    i did but it didnt have much to say every thing it said i wrote down
    but ive thought about it and i think that im happy with my speed
    i mean if what simon says is true i should be thankfull that it runs at all
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,249 Staff
    A Radeon 6520 is a few steps below the 7450, actually. Different programs can use different components to perform various tasks. HitFilm and 3D Studio Max perform very different functions, and you can't really use one to gauge performance by the other.
  • sebastian55693
    edited March 2012
    OK then you have probably guessed by now that im not very computer savy so im sorry to have wasted your time
    i think ill leave you guys alone now i get the feeling that this topic is becoming bothersome
  • AxelWilkinson
    Graphics cards can be hugely confusing, due to the numerous different series and lines of cards, and the not entirely logical numbering system used by the manufacturers, so don't worry too much if you find them a bit puzzling. And you aren't wasting our time at all. We are here to help you out and answer your questions, so whenever we can be of assistance, just let us know and we will do what we can to help.
  • sebastian55693
    ok well thank you so much for all the info
    and by the way i love your tutorials and simons so thank you
  • SimonKJones
    Thanks Sebastian! As Axel says, it's no bother at all. :)
  • Antehol
    Antehol Website User Posts: 2
    I´m bringing up the subject again about an "academic discount". I know that Hitfilm is competetively priced against after effects under normal circumstances, but as a teacher I can get the whole adobe suit for 350 euro! I was actually quite surpriced to find that there was no similar offer from fxhome, for instance the ultimate version priced as express version or something like that?
    Haven't made up my mind yet, I´m gonna try hitfilm 2 since I´m not gonna buy until december anyway, but to be honest I´m leaning towards adobe because I can get more programs cheaper.
    Although I think it´s great to see that Hitfilm is evolving, it´s gonna be fun to try out the demo.

Kind regards
    Andreas
  • SimonKJones
    Noted, Antehol. We're always taking on board feedback and re-evaluating these things. I've made sure that the sales guys here have seen your post.
  • TomMc
    TomMc Website User Posts: 112 Just Starting Out
    edited November 2012
    Whilst we don't offer own Education discount, partners such as Studica and Genesis do offer FXhome software with educational pricing.
    One thing to bear in mind is that because we price our software competitively, the discounts may not seem as large, but that is because we try and make our software affordable for everyone in the first place!
  • Antehol
    Antehol Website User Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answer but Studica didn't seem to have any fxhome products and Genesis only had the old hitfilm, but I will keep an eye open on those stores.