Video Copliot presets

VfxRoad
VfxRoad Website User Posts: 59
[color="#FF0000"]Just looking at the preset disk by Andrew Kramer, like action essentials, etc... can yo use these in hitfilm? only because it says requires After Effects 7, CS3, CS4, CS5, or CS5.5[/color]

Comments

• NuttyBanana
    NuttyBanana Website User Posts: 151
    Action essentials is mostly stock footage so yes it can be used simply by placing the clips on top of your footage and blended if necessary. The plugins such as optical flares are specific to After Effects so these can't be used with HitFilm, although you should be able to create similar results within HitFilm itself.
  • VfxRoad
    VfxRoad Website User Posts: 59

Action essentials is mostly stock footage so yes it can be used simply by placing the clips on top of your footage and blended if necessary. The plugins such as optical flares are specific to After Effects so these can't be used with HitFilm, although you should be able to create similar results within HitFilm itself.
    ok thanks for your reply
  • Osama
    Osama Website User Posts: 7
    How to remove the black BG from the footage, I don't know how to do this
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478

How to remove the black BG from the footage, I don't know how to do this
    Right click on the stock footage video layer - go to blend - select add - and that should remove the surrounding black BG.
  • TheRealJayWalker
    TheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219 Enthusiast
    The quality of the Action Essentials DVD looks fantastic!
  • DanielMorgan
    DanielMorgan Website User Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    Action Essentials is great, but the problem is , its so widely used that people can almost tell when something has AE footage on it.
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012
    I totally agree. I've had times when I've watched something that just "screamed" AE. Kinda sad how obvious it really is at times. IMO it really isn't that hard to hide either if you can use more than two or three pieces of footage at a time, which you should do to give it more depth anyway.
  • Aculag
    Aculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012
    The problem is that so many people just use the presets slapped onto their footage, and don't bother manipulating it much. It used to really bug me that every time I saw someone use the Trapcode plugin Shine (even in professional work for TV and movies), it was using the default color scheme. As if that's the only way to use the plugin. Yes, it looks good, but just using defaults is going to be so obvious to anyone who has used those plugins before.
    Actually, that happens with a lot of Trapcode stuff. I see people use Flow in really banal ways as well, when that's one of the most versatile and powerful plugins Trapcode offers. Same with any of the Andrew Kramer tutorials, really. People take his ideas (or hell, even his project files) and just throw them into their project using the exact same settings, like there's no other way it can be done. Weird, and lazy.
  • PLANB
    PLANB Website User Posts: 105
    I agree with you guys, and also things like Proscores are overused. Kramer's stuff is so awesome but it now seems exhausting to appreciate due to people just, as you say, slap them on their footage with no manipulation. You'd think they would put in more effort as After Effects which uses Trapcode is not very cheap. For AE2 always grade the footage to match the main video and the more footage you put on top the better :D