Help!!!! Holomatrix plugin!!!!!!

Hey guys,I just got hitfilm and I bought action essentials 2, and I'm thinking of buying Holomatrix which is a red giant plugin,but I heard that plugins don't work in HF, so I was wondering if theree was a way to use it or something like that.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    What you heard is correct; there aren't any plug-ins that are compatible with HitFilm.
    However, Hitfilm Ultimate has a host of tools that will allow you to create hologram effects already, without any plug-ins required. You can turn out some pretty sweet holograms using the included tools. If there is any particular aspect of creating a hologram that you would like suggestions or advice on, please let us now, and we can probably help.
  • rruri
    rruri Website User Posts: 4
    I'm trying to make a terminator effect, you know when you look through his eyes.
    I'm trying to do a hologram that is a HUD and also the matrix effects,you know the numbers on the computer.
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Replicating the HUD effect is definitely do-able within HitFilm.
    I can't remember if there are any specific HitFilm tutorials for it but you could look at the Video Co-Pilot HUD tutorial and take the same techniques and apply them to HitFilm. At least until the random number changes, I'm not sure how one would approach that in HitFilm at the moment.
  • TGamel
    TGamel Website User Posts: 81
    edited March 2012

Replicating the HUD effect is definitely do-able within HitFilm.
    I can't remember if there are any specific HitFilm tutorials for it but you could look at the Video Co-Pilot HUD tutorial and take the same techniques and apply them to HitFilm. At least until the random number changes, I'm not sure how one would approach that in HitFilm at the moment.
    Majahr has a nice tutorial on making a 'Heads Up Display' (HUD) in Hit Film Ultimate, not sure, but should also work in standard edition. Just click on the link below.
    Hit Film Tutorial #5 HeadUp Displays
    Todd
  • Biq
    Biq Website User Posts: 159

Majahr has a nice tutorial on making a 'Heads Up Display' (HUD) in Hit Film Ultimate, not sure, but should also work in standard edition. Just click on the link below.
    Hit Film Tutorial #5 HeadUp Displays
    Unless you need the vector aspect for some reason, it would probably be faster to draw it in a paint program as a PNG with transparency and overlay that.