Tweaking a Laptop for edititng

Does anybody have any ideas, on tweaking a laptop, so that it can use HitFilm better?
I have an ASUS G74Sx A2 - Core i7 2 GHz - 16 GB Ram. It has the Geforce GTX 560M-3GB of memory, and I do have the latest updates.
It really doesn't take much to bog it down, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Have you tried tweaking Hitfilm itself? You can adjust the Render menu on the Viewer to speed things up by reducing the preview quality. If you are working with particles, you can tick the Preview box in the General controls, to hide the textures and focus on the motion of the particles. If you are working with a specific layer or layers, you can disable any extraneous layers on the timeline while they aren't needed. All of these controls can be quickly adjusted based on the specific task at hand so you can point all your processing power at the relevant task, rather than unnecessary ones.
  • Eflat Productions
    Eflat Productions Website User Posts: 163
    I got MSI Afterburner, an OC'd my GPU. That made a huger difference, here are the results.