New scifi short

NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
Here is my new creation, made with HitFilm of course. Lots of 2 point tracking to effect the scaling and rotation of comped objects.

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Fantastic! Really loved this. Very nicely composited, a lot of the zeppelin shots are very naturalistic indeed. The use of Blade Runner music was a good fit.
    I'd really like to see this taken up a level. Same kinda style, but really transforming the city through VFX. Change the appearance of buildings, etc.
    Good work.
  • TheRealJayWalkerTheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    That is very well done. The Zeppelins look very natural to the scene and you would think they were actually there. The tracking really sells the effect nicely.
  • ThelurkerishThelurkerish Website User Posts: 141
    really enjoyed watching that. great music too. theres something so evocotive about a sky full of airships.
    Is it a single scene or part of a project?
    spent the morning trying to build a scifi city using composited photos in 3d space, didnt really work in the end but ill try again
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    Thanks for the compliments!

Fantastic! Really loved this. Very nicely composited, a lot of the zeppelin shots are very naturalistic indeed. The use of Blade Runner music was a good fit.
    I'd really like to see this taken up a level. Same kinda style, but really transforming the city through VFX. Change the appearance of buildings, etc.
    Good work.
    Yep, altering the city-scape is definitely the next step I'm going to take.
    Just want to point out that I used the 2 point tracking intuitively, without reading the manual and it worked the way that I thought it would. So, thats a testament to how well this software is designed! (But, I would still love to see a tutorial dedicated to 2 point tracking). I'm also blown away by how I could use the 2 point tracking to hold a zeppelin in space, relative to the camera movements. And then animate the zeppelins layer to make it look like its flying in a straight line, all while the handheld camera shot is moving around. Awesome.
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

really enjoyed watching that. great music too. theres something so evocotive about a sky full of airships.
    Is it a single scene or part of a project?
    spent the morning trying to build a scifi city using composited photos in 3d space, didnt really work in the end but ill try again
    Thanks! It is a single scene, but lately, I've been thinking about doing more of these and combining them into a single story.
  • TGamelTGamel Website User Posts: 81
    Very nice, looked very realistic..
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Just want to point out that I used the 2 point tracking intuitively, without reading the manual and it worked the way that I thought it would. So, thats a testament to how well this software is designed!
    Thanks! That's good to hear. We did quite a lot of interface prototyping for the tracking, tweaking it here and there to hopefully make the workflow intuitive and sensible. While tracking as a technique is fairly similar from product to product, we were determined to make something that had all the power you'd expect without being convoluted and needlessly confusing.
    [quote](But, I would still love to see a tutorial dedicated to 2 point tracking)[/quote]
    Then you're in luck, as Axel is currently working on a tracking tutorial. :)
    [quote]I'm also blown away by how I could use the 2 point tracking to hold a zeppelin in space, relative to the camera movements. And then animate the zeppelins layer to make it look like its flying in a straight line, all while the handheld camera shot is moving around. Awesome.
    [/quote]
    Yes, I have to admit that I'm still working out the full potential of the integrated tracking.