Help

Hi there guys my problem is this : when i use an effect or even without using one i cant see the video preview because its really slow i can only ear the sound can anyone help me ? here are the specifications of my laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.2 GHz 4MB L2 Cache 800MHz FSB,
Santa Rosa Intel Mobile 965 PM Express Chipset + ICH8M
2 GB RAM 667MHz
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 256 MB onboard, 512 MB Turbo Cache DX 10 Capable HDCP support for DVI port
160 GB HDD Seagate Momentus 7200.2, 7200 rpm SATA 300

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Unfortunately, the graphics card you have installed is below the minimum requirements for HitFilm, and therefore performance is likely to be less than ideal.
  • Rui Fernandes
    Rui Fernandes Website User Posts: 4
    Isnt the minimum an NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT?
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    Yes, with at least 512 MB onboard RAM. Unfortunately, the 600-class card of the 8000-series is lower in performance than the 900-class card of the 7000 series. The last three numbers in the designation 8600 indicate the performance, within the series indicated by the first number.
    The system used to number and name graphics cards isn't nearly as clear-cut and straightforward as we'd like, and unfortunately a bigger number doesn't translate to better performance.
  • Rui Fernandes
    So besides the fact that i cant see the preview of the video what are the other limitations i will get?
  • AxelWilkinson
    Since the card isn't supported, we don't really know. The fact that the software runs at all is a bit of an anomaly.
  • Rui Fernandes
    Yes its kind of strange because since its not even close to the minimum it shouldnt even work isnt it?? I mean so far Hit Film Ultimate works fine in my pc except for the part i have told you :/
  • AxelWilkinson
    Yes, its a situation where it varies form one card to the next. Some cards are completely incompatible, and won't run the software at all. Others can handle many of the functions, but certain things required by HitFilm will be beyond their capabilities. Its not that the card isn't even close, but it is below the minimum.