color replacement

Hi, I just downloaded HitFilm demo... it's delicious!!! 8-|
but I wonder is there way to replace colors? (like "change to color"effect in AE)
for example how can I change the color of my shirt? I found only one way way to do it-masking, but I'm shure it must be more easiest way to do it :)
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    I don't know of a direct way, but I think you can duplicate the footage, drop a key on it keying the color you want to replace but set it to "keep", so that only that color is visible. Maybe add some masking if required to clean up the key, and grade that second, keyed layer for example with the Hue Shift effect.
  • MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Did we ever figure this out?  Is there a way to do this.
  • MazerRackham
    MazerRackham Website User Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Duplicate the footage and apply the Leave Color effect to the top layer. Then use the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness effect to shift the remaining color to that which is desired. Finally switch the blend mode to hue, and you should have it. 
    You may need to apply a mask if there are other objects of the same color as you shirt that you don't desire to change. 
    Because the blend mode is Hue, This will only work for fully saturated colors.
  • MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    @MazerRackham you are a gentleman and a scholar.