Clips from my new film **Update**

DX6channelDX6channel Website User Posts: 72
edited February 2012 in Practical Filmmaking
Hi guys,
Here are a few clips from a movie I'm working on. Please watch them and let me know if I can improve anything.
In this one I'm trying to replicate the sonic cannons in The Incredible Hulk or the Banshee scream effect in X-Men. I still have to add dust and camera shake but it seems to be missing something else.

These two I think are done (other then color grading).

Comments

• KeeganLarwinKeeganLarwin Website User Posts: 10
    All of them were good. The only criticism I have is to grade the individual elements in the 2nd clip so they look like they match each other. Right now you can tell its stock footage.
    Other than that, well done!! You're looking like a pro.
  • siike92siike92 Website User Posts: 2
    Very cool looking shots. Especially the second one, it looks professional definitely. I'd love to see it with the grading. As far as the first shot goes, I think the acting might be the problem. The way he stumbles around is a little bit goofy looking. I'm sure the camera shake and dust will draw attention from it, but I think it's still noticeable. Still though, Great work really. May I ask where you got that stock footage from?
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    These all look very cool. One problem with the first one is that it looks like the sonic rings are flickering on and off, rather than moving left to right. Dust and flecks of grass being blown past would also help - even better would be if the grass directly in front of him starts to get torn up, revealing the mud underneath. A 3D camera tracked shot might also help to sell it, rather than being locked to this angle.
    Love the forcefield shot, that works very nicely.
    What are you using to make these? I'm assuming AE, but it'd be great to see you trying out some of these in HitFilm. ;) I might have to have a go at the forcefield myself...
  • CranialFansCranialFans Website User Posts: 92
    Love the shield effect, very nice :)
  • NuttyBananaNuttyBanana Website User Posts: 151
    All of the clips are great. Try adding some shake to the first shot to give it a bit more force, although it certainly doesn't look too bad as is.
    The second clip is great but as mentioned, grading might help a bit.
    The third shot is one of the better landing shots I've seen so good job on that. This particular effect is one that always stands out to me as they mostly seem to look off for one reason or another, you nailed it though.
  • DX6channelDX6channel Website User Posts: 72
    Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

These all look very cool. One problem with the first one is that it looks like the sonic rings are flickering on and off, rather than moving left to right. Dust and flecks of grass being blown past would also help - even better would be if the grass directly in front of him starts to get torn up, revealing the mud underneath. A 3D camera tracked shot might also help to sell it, rather than being locked to this angle.
    Love the forcefield shot, that works very nicely.
    What are you using to make these? I'm assuming AE, but it'd be great to see you trying out some of these in HitFilm. ;) I might have to have a go at the forcefield myself...
    On the shockewave shot I did have grass but you can't see it because of the video compression.
    I didn't make the forcefield in the side block shot; I got it from this pack: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2011/12/new-tutorial-and-free-stock-footage/
  • DX6channelDX6channel Website User Posts: 72
    I redid the shockwave effect. Please check it out.