Skyrim shout effects

FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
Anyone know how to make an effect that matches the effect of the shouts used in skyrim, specifically the "fus ro dah" sout which I need to use in a film I am making soon. Do I use particles, or masks with solids or ....???? Help please, if you'd like to see an example of the shout check out corridor digitals video called "fus ro dah" (I don't have link as I am on mobile device and can't link the video across in to this topic)
Thanks!!

Comments

• zeroflame0zeroflame0 Website User Posts: 51
    My gues would to probably make some white donut shaped planes. I would then make them a displacement layer and add some blue coloring to some of more shiny parts. But thats jusst me.
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Ah, so you were referring to that effect :D
    I guess that would best be done with the particle simulator.
    Using mobile circular emitters, with boundary on and trajectory set to explode. Just trying it out, I might have an example for you soon...
    Okay, here is my first try: Fus Ro Dah
    (Rightclick and "Save As...", otherwise you'll just be confronted with the plain xml version of the project file)
    I might expand it, but that's what I got so far.
  • pixelizedFXpixelizedFX Website User Posts: 77
    That looks really nice Robin!
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966

Okay, here is my first try: Fus Ro Dah
    (Rightclick and "Save As...", otherwise you'll just be confronted with the plain xml version of the project file)
    I might expand it, but that's what I got so far.
    i saved, it and it still went to the text version, but i shall try again :)
    edited February 2012

That looks really nice Robin!
    Thanks! :)

i saved, it and it still went to the text version, but i shall try again :)
    Well, does the file you downloaded end with ".hfp" (without the quotes)? if not, rename it so it does. If it does and still doesn't work, start up hitfilm and open it via the "Open Project..." button.
  • LinkedPicturesLinkedPictures Website User Posts: 150
    The best thing to do is, under effects, open the '3D' folder, go to 'Explosion' then select Sci-fi Shockwave. Then go into 'General' under controls, then go to type and change it to 'Ripple'. Then, keyframe it so it speeds up and comes out as a blast, rather than a slow, well...ripple. Finally, put it into position using orientation and placement then you're done! :P

The best thing to do is, under effects, open the '3D' folder, go to 'Explosion' then select Sci-fi Shockwave. Then go into 'General' under controls, then go to type and change it to 'Ripple'. Then, keyframe it so it speeds up and comes out as a blast, rather than a slow, well...ripple. Finally, put it into position using orientation and placement then you're done! :P
    Do u have a test shot of the effect? Lol sounds good though, I can't try it as my computer is acting up a bit lol
    If you want, I can make a tut on YouTube about it, you'll have to wait to next month though, buyin' a new mic. :P < that face is getting old now.
    That's awesome, and what mic u getting? And yeh lol, the :P is old, but classic! Haha
    I'm getting a Rode VideoMic, by the way, I checked your channel on YouTube, your Charlie Bites series are funny. :P Oh dear, I did the face again, that's why I'm standing on this cliff...

I'm getting a Rode VideoMic, by the way, I checked your channel on YouTube, your Charlie Bites series are funny. :P Oh dear, I did the face again, that's why I'm standing on this cliff...
    same! I'm gunna get one of those, they are awesome, and I am glad u like them, but I am stopping Lego vids, and in one month I shall have a new camera and will do real people videos like freddiew :) shouldn't be too hard, just the acting is the problem lol :) hehe and I will check out ur channel when i gab the time too (probably later in half an hour or so :) )
    yeh, no need to check my channel, all we got up there is our signature intro. And also, it's awesome that your'e doing Freddiew style vids, we actually consider ourselves like a young corridor digital.
    What camera you gettin'? :P <just because I can.

yeh, no need to check my channel, all we got up there is our signature intro. And also, it's awesome that your'e doing Freddiew style vids, we actually consider ourselves like a young corridor digital.
    What camera you gettin'? :P <just because I can.
    Well I'll check out ur intro then :) and yeah Im going to try to make more film like ones, (I have scripted a skyrim one and now I will storyboard it) I would try to use 3d visuals but I have no clue how to work with cinema 4d n stuff, I am more of a compositor and particle guy :) and I am getting canon 600d with wide angle and standard lens along with that video mic from rode, and a matte box / lens hood and I already have a cool stabiliser for it :) I wouldn't mind getting the monofrotto fig rig though, but it kinda seems pointless lol :P haha
    perhaps we should continue this elswhere, It's kinda gon off topic. @-) BTW, I sent you a message. :))