Needed tutorial from an older version of fxhome

Hiya, is it at all possable to have this tutorial please
Supergirl flying created with FXhome software

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Wow, that's an old video! :) We actually wrote a tutorial on it back in the day which you can find here:
    http://fxhome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34618
    A lot of the general techniques will still apply in HitFilm, though you should find it a lot faster and easier to do in HitFilm. You'll even be able to move the layers around in 3D, rather than having to scale them up and down, which will give you a lot more freedom.
  • Nichola
    Nichola Posts: 18
    edited January 2012
    cool thanks :), where can i get the clowds
  • SimonKJones
    They were a stock footage video from iStockPhoto.com.
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert
    Oh man, just saw this and it really takes me back. It would be awesome if there was a new Tut made for this.
    On that note. Tarn, are you thinking about making DVD Tuts like the Beach Landing & Super Hero, or the Space Adventure dvds? Or something completely different and way more awesome.
    If you do... it would be great to have something new to, add to my Fxhome dvd collection. :D
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    There will be a whole series of tutorials based on Simon's short film "Extraction Protocol", which will be released to the YouTubes tomorrow. The film releases tomorrow, that is, and the tutorials will be released onto the HitFilm YouTube channel over the course of time. I'm not sure if there is a plan to compile them onto a DVD to sell, or not. But they will be available for free online.
  • SimonKJones
    Yeah, our approach these days is to release all this kind of stuff for free online. The way I'm approaching Extraction Protocol and its tutorials is the same as I did with the Beach Landing/Superheroes/Space Adventure DVDs. Except now everybody gets to check 'em out without having to shell out.
    We've put out more tutorials in the 7 months of HitFilm's existence than we did in the entire 6 years of VisionLab, which I think is pretty good value. :P
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert
    Well, I really appreciate that they will be free and thank you for it but... my collection is getting lonely. Just sayin'. :D
  • would love a tut on this for hitfilm, however, if a tut is made for this make sure you can do it in standerd..
    :)