Hotkey for Move?

Quickie,
Is there a key I can hold down that simulates clicking the "move" hand. Being very used to holding down the space bar in Photoshop to quickly invoke the ability to pan around an image, I'd love to see a way to move around the video frame, particularly if I'm zoomed in with the scroll wheel. Gets to be quite the pain to click the hand, move and then click back to whatever tool I was using.
Couldn't find anything by searching the help, so I thought I'd ask.
Bob

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    edited January 2012
    There isn't a hotkey that you can just hold, but H is a keyboard shortcut to select the Hand. Then you can hit V to select the Select tool again, once you have adjusted the viewer positon.
    I'd love to see the spacebar thing as well, I still try it in HitFilm without thinking, from time to time.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,370 Enthusiast
    You can move around in the Viewer by clicking and dragging with the mouse wheel.
  • AxelWilkinson
    Ah, nifty! I did not know that. But now I do.
  • Robin
    Robin Posts: 1,659 Enthusiast
    I'd also like to see that ability. I'm aware of the middle mouse button, but I find it rather uncomfortable, as my mouse wheel is sometimes a bit strange, don't know how to explain that... It would be cool there was an option to maybe switch this to the right mouse button, just like it was in VisionLab. I think currently the right mouse button has no function in the viewer does it?
  • AxelWilkinson
    The right mouse button is currently unassigned in the viewer, but since the scroll wheel is used to zoom in and out, it makes sense to me to have the drag assigned to the same button, so you can easily use the scroll wheel to adjust the view however you need to.
    If your mouse wheel is sometimes a bit strange, perhaps it makes more sense to change your mouse than to reprogram the software based on your faulty equipment?
  • Ah, the mouse wheel! It does feel a bit weird, but definitely exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks, Simon!
  • Robin
    Robin Posts: 1,659 Enthusiast

If your mouse wheel is sometimes a bit strange, perhaps it makes more sense to change your mouse than to reprogram the software based on your faulty equipment?
    Yeah, I know... Just thought it might be nice to have the option to choose keys. There are programs which give you full controls over which key does what inside it, so I thought that might be cool... :D
  • DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 684 Enthusiast

@DigitalRocMan This is a 10 year old thread. Please start a new thread for your problem. HitFilm has had hundreds of changes over the years and your problem may already be solved. Or not.