Feedback is much appreciated. :D

Comments

• RodyPolis
    RodyPolis Posts: 612 Just Starting Out*
    Jabooza! I thought you were dead!
  • Jernau
    Jernau Posts: 71
    edited January 2012
    Nice effects, tight pacing, heart-pounding music, awesome titles (loved the equalizer dots) - overall it's a great piece of work! :)
    My only criticisms are 1) I think the yellow grading after the grenade is a little strong, and 2) that you might have gone a little overboard with the use of Optical Flares! ;) (I'm guessing that you composited in After Effects?)
    By the way, how did you achieve the nice blood spatter/drip effect at 2:16 - is it cleverly used stock footage or some other trick?
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966
    I love the titles and credits, and the whole thing, however, sometimes the lighting was a bit off, but it's always hard to get right unless you have tonnes of lights, and reflectors, etc... And I liked the after math of the explosion in the courtyard near the end, where you ran along and there was fire just at the bottom of the screen, simple but affective :) the muzzle flashes are some of the best I've seen on YouTube, as you haven't under or over done them like most people do but there is always improvement to be done , and in your case, not much :)
  • That was some great fx work!
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Good stuff. I felt the first half held together more than the second, as the pacing dropped a little as they were locating the hostage. Nicely done, though, with some very cool compositing in a few shots.
  • Nice job I enjoyed it...
  • Great Camera work, made it interesting, and some great effects. Loved the titles/credits especially, they looked really great!
    Well done :)
  • Thanks for the comments everyone, glad to hear you guys like it!

Jabooza! I thought you were dead!
    I still lurk in the shadows. ;)
    you might have gone a little overboard with the use of Optical Flares! ;) (I'm guessing that you composited in After Effects?)
    By the way, how did you achieve the nice blood spatter/drip effect at 2:16 - is it cleverly used stock footage or some other trick?
    Yeah we went overboard with the Optical Flares on purpose; they're just so pretty! :D And yeah, that blood splatter is just stock footage from VideoCopilot's Action Essentials 2.

sometimes the lighting was a bit off, but it's always hard to get right unless you have tonnes of lights, and reflectors, etc...
    Yeah, I think the lighting is probably one of the weakest aspects of this. We had a few bright lights with us that we ran off of car batteries, but inside the fort was so dark that it was difficult to even get anything to show up on the camera without it being grainy.