Muzzle test - Something is missing

Hey all
Just started down the path of the hitfilm. I have tried my muzzle flash, however I feel that something is missing. Can you please let me know what you all thinks.
Cheers
Marko

Comments

• RodyPolis
    RodyPolis Posts: 612 Just Starting Out*
    Make the smoke brighter. Gun smoke isn't that dark.
    Have the guy act it out better. Needs recoil.
    The sparks need to be way smaller and faster.
    Other than that, looks pretty cool.
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, I thought something was missing, try duplicating the layer, and on the base layer increase exposure and gamma, etc. so it looks like a glow.
    Then go onto the main layer (none graded version) and mask around areas where the glow from the flash would be, then fade the mask out over a couple of frames... And maybe use a smoke layer more like the one freddiew uses, and smaller sparks in the flash. Then that should make it look much better if done write :)
    But it ain't bad, but everything can be done better, even cgi in some Hollywood films, lol
    And what rody said :)
  • MarkOm
    MarkOm Posts: 63
    edited January 2012
    yep, that looks much better. Just a simple thing like the smoke and the sparks made all the difference
    Thxs for that fellas
  • Robin
    Robin Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast
    I also feel that the flash looks a bit too uniform and solid... Maybe make it a bit more defined, if you know what I mean?
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966

I also feel that the flash looks a bit too uniform and solid... Maybe make it a bit more defined, if you know what I mean?
    Yes, maybe look at some of the flash styles on this web page... http://greenaddict85.yolasite.com/downloads.php these are crisper and look like they have a larger impact :)