Girl Fight 3 : The Clones

The is the first video I have made with Hitfilm.
The kids and I make our videos for no other reason than to have fun and, if possible, distress family members. However, both my girls are very picky when it comes to the effects and don't mind telling me to 'try again' if they think something doesn't work.
(I had about four attempts at the first three kills. They just weren't impressed by my work...Got there in the end.)
This video includes;
Lots of Cloning. (Masking)
Almost every blood effect from 'Action Essentials'
Green screening.
2d Feature tracking.
Particle effects. (ripped from PRISM. I'm haven't put much effect into particles yet.)
Muzzle flashes, blurs, lens flares, etc.
So, pretty much used this a test of HitFilm's features.
I've got to also say thanks to Majahr and Rody. Your tutorials have been fantastic.

Warning! The following video does contain violence and children. Like severed limbs and exploding heads. Just so you know.

Comments

• Jernau
    Jernau Posts: 71
    There's something about me being okay watching children performing ultra-violence on each other that makes me feel slightly uneasy about how desensitized I've become to violence in general. But putting my philosophical musings aside for the moment... I have to say that I really enjoyed your film!
    You nailed the cloning, and the other effects were nicely done too. Both of the girls did a great job with their acting, especially considering that they must have been talking to thin-air some of the time (for the clone parts). And to top it all off, you managed to get the many-worlds theory in there! My mind = blown :)
    [size="1"](My only constructive criticism would be about the sound quality. For your next project you might want to invest in some higher quality sound recording equipment, so you can avoid the problem of sound cutting in and out.)[/size]
  • This is great and fun and cuteness! :D
    Funny level of overboiled brutality.
  • The over-the-top brutality was hilarious.
    It was like Crank except with little girls, clones and alternate worlds! The effects weren't too bad either, especially the Prism effects, your cloning and all the copious green-screen.

• [size="1"](My only constructive criticism would be about the sound quality. For your next project you might want to invest in some higher quality sound recording equipment, so you can avoid the problem of sound cutting in and out.)[/size]
    I do agree about the sound. All audio is from it inbuild mic in the Canon 550d.
    There is so much other noise I find it easier to just mute the audio whenever it isn't needed.
    I'm already ordered at a cheap shotgun mic, I'll see how it works out. (Budget is always the problem!)
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    Some good resources for sound/audio
    www.freesound.org - A Vast library of free user-generated content that is royalty-free
    www.newgrounds.com/audio - A vast library of free user-generated songs that are registered under the Creative Commons License.
    I use freesound all the time and I always used to hit up newgrounds before I started writing all the music myself.
    Hope that helped! :))
  • Loved it!
    Especially like the FPS reference @5:40.
    The fight scenes had a "Kill Bill" feel to it. :D
  • Keegs9, thanks for those links. I really don't know how I've missed those sites before. They are excellent.
    DirectorX, I liked the FPS bit as well. :)
    I do like how that scene worked out.
    I saw the freddiew short Aimbot and wanted to try it myself. (had to find a spot to slot it into the fight scene). freddiew explains what how he did it in AfterEffects and I had no trouble doing it in HitFilm.
    I actually used three different stationary videos parented together and then panned around as one shot. (With a green screened gun)
  • ghoot
    ghoot Posts: 50
    Very cool! This is kinda what I got into this for too, but now my girls don't show much interest. How do you get your motivated to make a film?
    Gary
  • fredclips
    fredclips Posts: 228

Very cool! This is kinda what I got into this for too, but now my girls don't show much interest. How do you get your motivated to make a film?
    Gary
    My problem is actually the other way around. My girls started with the "When are we making Girl Fight 4?" almost before I've finished editing the last one.
    Actually the kids went right off the entire movie making thing a couple of years back. I had talked them into a very ambitious effects heavy production that just didn't turn out that well... and took too long to film and edit and do the effects.
    What got our interest again was making a quick and easy movie one afternoon. Something that was fun to act in and that I could roughly edit in one day and show them the results. (That turned out to be Girl Fight 1)
    I really don't know what I would do if the kids weren't interested... (I guess there would be a few movie videos of me fighting cgi monsters on my own!)