Time Speed ?

Hey guys, I'm really new to Hitfilm, and I was wondering how you would go about speeding up footage. I have hitfilm Studio, so I'm using the bullet shells from Action Essentials, and they go too slow from my gun. Thank you!

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff
    First, you need to make sure you have the latest version of HitFilm installed, then just open the Temporal folder in the Effects panel, and you can find a whole assortment of tools for altering the speed of your footage.
  • Jumping off his question, I'm trying to slow down my footage and when i put the speed effect on it makes my video disappear. I read the ref manual but I can't figure out how to get it to actually slow down. Help?
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff
    Did you perhaps put in a negative number? Keep in mind that a speed of 0.00 is not moving at all, and 1.00 is normal speed, so to reduce the speed by half, you should enter 0.50. A negative value would indicate playing in reverse, and if you are at the start of the clip, it can't go backward from there, so the image will disappear.