important question (end credits music)

FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
edited December 2011 in General
hello everyone, i have got into an arguement with one of my friends about the music at the end of each of my videos, here they are, watch them and answer the question below

QUESTION:
Does the music at the end ruin the effect of the film? Should i use sound effects at the end (when the credits screen comes up) or should i use different versions of that song i use?
help please, thank you every one, if you can come up with a good sujestion that i end up using, you will be in the next credits!
(@ hitfilm, i hope all those links won't annoy you!) ;)

Comments

• MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    I think the music is fine. I don't see why it would hurt.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited December 2011
    I say leave it. It's up beat but I don't think it detracts from the overall feel of the video. In fact, if I didn't hear it for a hundred years and then heard it, the first thing I would think is Froi productions and Charlie. Besides, there have been plenty of movies that have music at the end that have nothing to do with the movie, how is this any different? As to using different versions of the music, it is said, variety is the spice of life!

Have you named the blonde guy? To me he looks like a Petey or Peter. I don't know why. :-?
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    edited December 2011

I say leave it. It's up beat but I don't think it detracts from the overall feel of the video. In fact, if I didn't hear it for a hundred years and then heard it, the first thing I would think is Froi productions and Charlie. Besides, there have been plenty of movies that have music at the end that have nothing to do with the movie, how is this any different? As to using different versions of the music, it is said, variety is the spice of life!

Have you named the blonde guy? To me he looks like a Petey or Peter. I don't know why. :-?
    Haha, thanks, and I'm glad it reminds u of froiproductions and Charlie :) and I gotta say he does look like a Peter! Haha, he might be in one soon, thanks stormynight. So far my friend is loosing this argument! Thanks guys lol
    Also have u seen the latest one, check it out in the other topic on filmmaking, tell me what u think! Thanks :)
  • Harry RussoHarry Russo Website User Posts: 39
    Another vote to keep the music. I like it.

Another vote to keep the music. I like it.
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it, I don't see why my friend didnt!? Oh well! Thanks
  • RossTrowbridgeRossTrowbridge Website User Posts: 423 Enthusiast
    It's kind of become your signature. I'd keep it.

It's kind of become your signature. I'd keep it.
    Thanks mate! That was my aim when I started to use it and I'm glad you think so!
  • ThelurkerishThelurkerish Website User Posts: 141
    Yes keep the music

Yes keep the music
    Again, thank, u and I'm glad I haven't come across any bad comments yet (that I know of, lol) so that evidently shows that the music is a hit!!!
    :)
  • mercianfilmmercianfilm Website User Posts: 161
    Yeah- i agree with everyone else- keep the music- it fits well with the tone of your videos :D

Yeah- i agree with everyone else- keep the music- it fits well with the tone of your videos :D
    I'm also thinking about using different versions of the song, like an acoustic version, you recon it's a good idea?
  • LinkedPicturesLinkedPictures Website User Posts: 150
    Nah, just keep it as it is, I think you should tell your friend how many dedicated community fans are loving your vids the way they are. Or of course just throw him under a bus... @-)
  • budwzrbudwzr Website User Posts: 655
    No, keep it, but it's a little narrow, musically. It needs something, but I don't know what. It's good though.:)
    P.S. Some of your dialog was subpar. Sounded like the gain was too high during recording.
    edited March 2012

I'm also thinking about using different versions of the song, like an acoustic version, you recon it's a good idea?
    Yeah!
    Did you make that? How did you do it? MiDi?
    "Charlie Bites #5" is good! Great job.
    edited March 2012
    Hey Froi, seems you're busy at the moment but look for my PM. You need a good free sound engineer, like ME! :)
    P.S. I'm remastering Charlie5 right now to full epic cinematic glory, then your "FroiSound".
    Peace, Out.
    Hello, all, sorry for late reply, I am gunna keep the music, and I am using classical ones in the latest ones I have made (exploding lights are thing duel lol) yeah the sound isn't too good but I don't have a good mic but I getting rode video mic soon with new camera. I would say yes I would like you as a sound engineer but I have a friend who owns a sound business with amazing equipment that I will use for my skyrim video (made with real people and hopefully amazing sound and VFX)
    And I am looking forward to see what u have done with charle bites episode 5, I'll need to watch it again as I forgot which one ep 5 is haha
    Thanks all! ;)
  • TGamelTGamel Website User Posts: 81
    Think everyone is right, keep the music. Man you have more patience than me doing stop motion filming. I think it would make me pull my hair out if I had any B-) . Like the videos, keep the creative juices flowing....
    Todd

Think everyone is right, keep the music. Man you have more patience than me doing stop motion filming. I think it would make me pull my hair out if I had any B-) . Like the videos, keep the creative juices flowing....
    Todd
    Yes stop motion is unbelievably anoying, especially when my camera doesn't focus properly, or the Lego people don't stay in the right position! Lol. But I will soon stop my stopmotion and go to proper short films :)