Nvidia 520 GT Supported?

so i saw hitfilm and thought it was pretty cool so i decided to download the trial before i drop 400 bucks on it . i just bought a nvidia gt520 card for my emachines EL1352 i know its a slimline so its not that powerful but i run sony vegas pro 11 on it with no problems other than it getting a little hott
i have 4GB ram and 500GB hard drive. at first i was getting a windows error so i updated the drivers of the vid card and its doing the same thing but now i get an hitfilm error with the option of sending a repot . i have sent one . but this happends every single time i try to open hitfilm. i really want to test this out and possibly purchase it . i need some help

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    edited October 2011
    Sorry you are having trouble running the demo. When exactly do you get the error, and what exactly does it say?
    It would appear that the GT 520 is a bit below the minimum spec for HitFilm, so that could be the issue, but once we know the specifics of the error message, we can say with more certainty.
  • BradButterBradButter Website User Posts: 2
    aww darn got to build a pc now i guess lol ...but this software looks too good to be true so its gonna be worth it i need a new one anyway ..black fridays coming up
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    Indeed it is. There's some really cool features set to be added in the very near future as well, that will make the software even better. If you are looking to build a computer, pay special attention to which GPU you pick, as Hitfilm relies heavily on the GPU for processing. So get the best one your budget allows.
  • spy85spy85 Website User Posts: 10
    I baught ultimate and when I click new prject it says it has to close ultimate because of an error! Is it because I am using a virtual machine on my mac? I am using windows 7. Does windows 7 support .app?
    If you are trying to run HitFilm through a virtual machine, it won't work. HitFilm relies heavily on the GPU for rendering and other tasks, and therefore needs to have direct access to the graphics card, without an emulator in between. To run HitFilm on a MAc, you need to use Boot Camp to boot into Windows directly, so that it has direct access to your hardware.